Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cow Milking Bicycle

I was walking down the middle of the highway of my old hometown. There were probably only two or three cars that was actually driving down it (which is usually very busy in real life), but somehow missed me when passing and didn't seem to acknowledge my presence. Then out of nowhere, I see this weird cart/bicycle thing coming down the road with a Holstein dairy cow that was pulling it. It seated maybe about 6 or 8 older women and they were pedaling along the highway. It also had a shade over it that was white with a blue stripe going around it. I noticed that, the ladies pedaling was actually milking the cow. The milk would then fill up these bottles sitting next to the ladies. When someone's bottles were filled, they would get off the ride, say goodbye to the others, and then make her way home carrying two crates of milk. All the ladies seemed to be enjoying it and were very chatty with one another. They were dressed very old-fashioned with dusty-looking floral print dresses, particularly light blue with pink flowers, and some were wearing bandannas. They didn't seem to notice I was there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment