Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Frozen Flood

It was very early in the morning at my mother's house. I got out of bed to my little Shih Tzu wanting to go outside. As I walked through the living room to get her leash I looked through the living room windows. The weather was very gloomy, almost autumn like. There were no leaves on the trees and the skies were cloudy and grey.

I walked onto the back porch with my dog. It was wooden, and worn out. The white paint on it was chipping off and the boards where creaky and loose. I looked towards the yard and noticed the yard was flooded. What was unusual about this flood was that it was completely frozen.

I stood on the porch not allowing my dog to go out no matter how much she fought to run off. I was afraid she was going to drown. My younger brother came running out in excitement to the flood and pushed my dog into the frozen terrain. It cracked and she fell in the water. I yelled at my brother and used her leash to pull her out. She was soaked and shivering. With that I brought her in to dry her off.

No comments:

Post a Comment